Privacy Notice / Contact Details
Superfast Surrey Broadband Programme Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the functions of the Superfast Surrey Broadband Programme that is working to provide superfast broadband to as many homes and businesses as possible in Surrey that have been excluded from commercial fibre rollout plans.
Your personal data is collated in accordance with the Surrey County Council Superfast Surrey Programme’s legitimate interests to provide you with advice, information and status updates about the programme’s deployment and your broadband status.
Why do we hold this personal data?
We hold this personal data to:
- contact you to advise on updates to the Superfast Surrey deployment and alert you to updates on the Superfast Surrey website
- provide you with consistent and coherent advice and for reference should any disputes or complaints arise
- escalate your concerns (at your request) to BT/Openreach and other service providers as appropriate
- enable auditing, market research, statistical analysis and reporting to review broadband deployment and identify areas that do not yet have superfast broadband.
What personal data do we hold?
The personal data that we hold may include some or all of the following:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- landline phone number
- mobile phone number
- existing broadband speeds
- personal opinions.
Who/What organisations do we share your personal data with?
Internal or external auditing, reporting and market research activities
The only personal data that we may share is your 7 digit postcode.
- Your personal data will not be shared with Openreach or other network providers unless you give us explicit permission to escalate your concerns and share your data with them. In this circumstance, we may share your address, postcode and/or landline with the network provider and will email you with any feedback.
- If you raise a broadband enquiry with a Surrey County Councillor, Parish/Borough/District Councillor, Parish Clerk, Surrey MP, or a representative of Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK), Openreach or any other network provider, they may contact us for an update about your circumstances. The information they provide may include some personal data such as your address, postcode, landline and/or email address. Depending on the nature of the request, we may either respond to them with advice or a draft response that can be sent to you or may email you with an update, depending on whether we have authorisation from you to contact you directly.
Retention of your personal data
Your personal data will be retained in accordance with the Surrey County Council Customer Services Schedule – https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/_media/files/your-council/your-information-and-privacy/retention-schedule/RS16-Customer-Services.pdf
If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to remove it at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com and we will deal with your request.
Surrey County Council Privacy Notice
For more information about how we handle your data, please read our privacy notice
How to contact the Superfast Surrey team
This website is updated with the latest information about the Superfast Surrey programme. If you would like to contact us directly, please read our Privacy Notice (above) and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org